Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lazy Day and the Week In Review

Monday Ed and I lazied around the house and played with the cubs all day.  We only had one outing where we went to pick up Alex's medicine and a quick trip to Starbucks.  Other than that we were home bodies.

I did however manage to get myself hooked on the show Lost, after it's off the air of course.  However I think the best way to watch a series like this is through Netflix online through the blu ray player.  I don't have to watch any commercials and I don't have to wait for the next season when they do cliff hangers.

I also was able to finish beading a little wall decoration I had started for Alex.  It's a little Rainbow Truck done in Peyote stitch.  The pattern is available at The Bead Coop for anyone that likes to do beading.  Next up is a pattern I created myself of a little red choo-choo train.  I'll post pictures of that one when it's finished as well.  Now the only issue I have is that Lost is starting to scare the crap out of me and I fear it's going to make me jump and I'll spill all of my tiny little seed beads everywhere.



And don't think that I'm leaving Calista out on this one.  I have patterns in the making for ladybugs, butterfly's, flower and all kinds of garden creatures.  I just need to sit down and finish the patterns for them.

Weds. was Jessica's first day and what a difference!  Ed came home to a couple of happy cubs and a wife that didn't look so frazzled that she was ready to rip his head off.  Just a little break and I'm good as gold.  I also find that I have the energy to play with the kids more when I've had a little bit of a break from them.

On Friday Jessica was back at the house and I felt she was plenty capable to handle the twins on her own, so I took off to go and see a movie.  Went and saw, Get Him To The Greek, which I thought was hysterical!

The worst part of motherhood for this blog is that bitter sweet of leaving your kids with someone else to get a break from them... only to find that you really miss them once you're away from them.

The best part of motherhood for this blog is how happy you are to see your kids again after such a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment