Monday, June 7, 2010

Stressed to the Max

I've noticed that the disheveled look of my house seems to be in direct correlation to what kind of day I've had.  Both last Thursday and Friday the house looked like a band of gypsies had set up camp in it.  By now Alex has come down with Ed's cold and he is stuffy, miserable and whiney.  He doesn't take a very good nap these couple of days, and when I do lay him down he fusses so much that he wakes Calista up.  Needless to say mommy is stressed out!  And all you mothers out there know exactly what I'm talking about right now.  You're just at a loss for what else to do for the child, nothing seems to calm them and you have to really try to stay with it mentally so you don't blindly shake the baby.  And once you take a step back from being in this state you feel like a terrible mother.

Both of these days I ended it in tears and by Friday I think Ed saw that I was getting warn down.  We discussed at dinner that priority number one was to find a baby sitter.

In the end all Alex really needed was to sleep to get rid of his cold.  After placing both him and Calista up on the couch with me in front of them in case they tumbled forward, I turned away for a minute and when I looked back the little guy had fallen asleep sitting up.

The worst part of motherhood for this blog is feeling like you're loosing your cool.

The best part of motherhood for this blog is when sick baby falls asleep and you know that's the best thing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment