Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twin Rockstars

The day was just wonderful.  The cubs slept until 4:30 a.m., almost completely through the night.  They were a breeze to take care of in the morning and took a nice long nap on their play mats on the floor for me. 

To top it off, Monday was such a beautiful day we just had to get that stroller out and head to the post office for another walk.  After their nap I got them both fed and changed into stroller clothes.  I had already changed a poopy diaper for both of them so I figured I was safe and headed out the door.  But about half way into the walk I started to smell something foul.  I did notice some flies buzzing around Alex but didn't put two and two together until after I got home.  By the time we got to the Post Office I was sure I was smelling something, but of course didn't have a diaper on me... and if I did where would I change a child?  On the postage scale?  What else could I do but forge on to home.  Sure enough, once we were home I found another poopy mess on Alex.  Just goes to show you, you're never safe!

One thing we did get to do though was sport the new sunglasses that Grandma got them.  Oh My were they ever the hit!  Every one just giggled and loved them.  Kari at the Post Office couldn't stop slapping the counter and exclaiming how adorable.


The rest of the afternoon was sort of quiet until around 3 p.m. when they start their afternoon/evening fussies.  But amazingly enough they both went down in their own little beds by bed time.  However they didn't stay that way for long.  Calista was up at 1:30 and by 5 a.m. she was sleeping in our bed.

Time for the best and the worst:

The worst part of Motherhood today is being unprepared.  You think you have all your bases covered, but you just always have to plan for the unexpected.

The best part of Motherhood today the great 'high fashion' items they put out for babies these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment