Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yesterday

I'm going to try and do two posts today since I never made it to the post for yesterday. However yesterday was an awesome day! The cubs slept from 9 a.m. to noon so I was able to get some work done at the bead store, which was a relief.
Mom was here to help all morning and afternoon so I could just work on the things I needed to get done. We got baths done and then proceeded to take two clean babies on our daily adventure. And although still a bit big on him, I dressed Alex in one of his new tee shirts... I just love this one.

Alex's bath had mom and I in stitches. He discovered if he kicked his feet he could make a real mess. We were trying to wash his hair and he had both feet splashing water everywhere. Maybe he'll be an Olympic Swimmer?

The adventure for yesterday was a trip to Sam's Club. We got them both loaded up in the car, went to the Post Office, then the King Soopers Pharmacy and then off to Sam's. At Sam's we broke out the stroller, (Thank you Joe and Julie!), and proud momma got to show off her little darlings. We were stopped by an older gentleman that told us he remembered when his daughter was that little and she was now 52. He then gave me some worldly advice... don't let the girl date until she's 40 and even then check the guys bank account to see how much money he has.
The only bad time I had with them yesterday was when I got home. I was hoping they would sleep in their car seats until Ed got home. But no such luck. I started feeding Alex and Calista laid on the floor crying for 20 minutes straight. Silly me figured Alex had come up for air so I could take the bottle out of his mouth, put him in his car seat and start nursing Calista. Nope... Alex proceeded to cry for another 10 minutes before Ed walked in the door. But the night went really well. They were both down by 8:30 p.m. and didn't get up until 3:30 a.m. After that feeding they slept until almost 9 a.m. this morning. So there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Now for the best and worst....
The worst part of Motherhood yesterday was not being able to get to both babies at the same time and having to listen to one cry and cry and not being able to do anything about it.
The best part of Motherhood yesterday was watching Alex learn that he could kick his foot and make the water splash.

No comments:

Post a Comment