Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Day with Grandma and More Firings

Thursday my Mom came over to help me out with the cubs and the DJBeads bead store.  When she got here I already had Calista bathed so it was Alex's turn for a bath.  Mom took that on so I could weigh out a huge Delica bead order.  From the sounds in the bathroom I think they both had a lot of fun.  I got over by the bathroom door just in time to see Alex let loose and pee all over the bathroom and Mom.

After bath time they were good little babies and took a nice nap for us and I was able to run out to the store really quick to get a few things.  And drop off that monstrous Delica order at FedEx to ship.  I needed to be back by 2 p.m. because as you remember I had to reschedule the Air Duct Cleaning people, American Air Duct since they were a no show on Tuesday.  This time the guy showed up a little after 2 p.m.  I'd first like to point out that I find it ironic that the company is called American Air Duct, however they are all Russians that run the company, but okay, whatever.  So I go through the house and show this little guy all our vents and registers, then we get down to the basement where the furnace is and I can't get the stupid doors open on it.  They've somehow slipped off the tracks and I'm banging my knuckles against the wall trying to get them open, to no avail.  Finally the little Russian tells me he's going to give me an estimate, however I inform him that I have a coupon for $65.  I'm not sure if he just doesn't understand me or is ignoring me, he goes on with his estimate that comes out to $245.  So I go show him the coupon and he shows me a picture of a heating system and explains that that coupon is only for one duct, we have two and intake and an outtake.  Well DUH!  Don't all houses have an intake and an outtake?  I'm not an expert, but I would assume they do.  So I tell him I only have $65 to spend and he lowers the price to $118.  I tell him we'll have to cancel the appointment because I only have $65 to spend on this.  He seems rather put off, but he's not the only one.  When I read a coupon that says entire house air duct cleaning for $65 that's what I expect to get.

So the little Russian left and not 3 minutes later his Russian wife or whoever she was called me asking if I want to reschedule the appointment and that they can do what is on the coupon for $65.  Well what is on the coupon is whole house air duct and in small print it says only 1 air duct.  Why just have them do half the job?  In the end they really screwed themselves because he came all the way out here for nothing.  If they were more honest with their coupons he would've had my business.  Instead I fired him.

Ed got home and we slammed down some dinner, then before we could blink it was time to get the kids to bed.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures taken on this day, seems like we were meeting ourselves coming and going.

The worst part of motherhood on Thursday getting to the end of the day and thinking, where did the day go?  Seems like I just woke up!

The best part of motherhood on Thursday was help from my Mom so I could get a few things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment