Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Very Poopy Easter & the Monday After

Easter morning was a busy one around here.  Ed and I had our breakfast and when the cubs woke up we switched into high gear.  It was time to get them into thier Easter outfits and ready to visit all of their grandparents.

First up was Alex in his little vest and bow tie outfit.  I searched high and low for something like this and finally found it at KMart.  Isn't he adorable?  The collar was a little tight so we only buttoned it all the way up to get a few pictures.  After that he had it unbottoned and looked like he just finished up a hard night of drinking at a wedding reception.

The next task was to get Calista into all her frilly purple duds.  Mom had bought her some tights and getting her into them was a little like getting toothpaste back into the tube!  Tights are just another name for panty hose in my book, and I HATE panty hose!  They never go on straight and have to be the most uncomfortable article of clothing a woman can wear.  I'm sure that a man invented them since no woman I know would torture another woman that way.

Anyway, we got little Miss all dressed up and she was just a beautiful little doll.  No matter what I did though I couldn't get that hair to lay down.  I fear she's gotten her Grandma Edwards hair.

Once everyone was dressed we were off to Fort Collins to visit her Grandma Edwards at the rehab center.  We stayed for about an 1/2 hour or more and then we were back in the car on our way to Berthoud to visit Grandma and Grandpa Hildahl as well as their Uncle Rick.

They got some great V Tech toys from their grandparents along with a couple of new outfits that I'm sure they are going to grow into by next week (at the rate their going!).

We had a wonderful dinner of ham, twice baked potato's, shrimp cocktail and asparagus... yum yum!  To top it off, strawberry shortcake for desert.

The rest of the afternoon we watched a movie that Mom and Dad had taped for me back in Nov. that I just hadn't been able to get to their house to watch about the Green River Killer... a fine Easter film...lol.  The kids crashed out on Grandma and Grandpa's bed.

Alex woke up first and although I didn't know it at the time, I made the best judgement call of the day by asking Ed to feed Alex.  I changed him out of his little bow tie outfit and just put him in long sleeved onsie.  Ed fed him and we all just sat in the living room chatting and watching the movie.  Then Ed says very calmly, "I think someone just took a crap and I think it's my son".  I looked over and poop was oozing out from Alex's onsie and was all over Ed's hand, his pants and his shirt.  We all started laughing pretty hard over that and I went over to help Ed then backed up again and said, "It's still coming out"... which made us all laugh harder.  Now you know I had to take a picture of this before I started to help clean Ed and Alex up... that's just how our family rolls.  So pay close attention to Ed's hand in this picture, that brown at the bottom isn't part of his shirt.
Ed took a shower at Mom and Dad's and borrowed some clothes from Dad while Mom and I changed/hosed off Alex in the laundry room sink.

That was our Easter.  And Alex if you're reading this in the future... thank you son for the good belly laughs on this day.

Monday the cubs were really good for me.  They slept for most of the afternoon and didn't have too many crying fits.  I got baths done with realative ease and all babies went to sleep in their own little beds at night.  Calista was asleep by 8 p.m. but Alex wasn't ready until after 9.  However, I was able to put him in his crib awake and he put himself to sleep.  Maybe we've turned a corner with the crying and sleeping, knock on wood.

Okay, Best and Worst Motherhood times....

The worst part of motherhood is trying to get babies dressed in fancy outfits.  People that design baby clothing with buttons instead of snaps should be forced to come over to your house and dress and undress that baby a hundred times a day.

The best part of motherhood believe it or not was that poopy mess that made us all laugh so hard.

2 comments:

  1. Having twins myself I can totally relate to this story...
    Your cubs are beautiful.... even poopy...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was a very special Easter for all the grandparents!!! What a great day it was; poopy diaper and all!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete