Saturday, May 8, 2010

He Just Had To Share That Bug With Me

Alex is still sleeping through the night, so I think he has his sleeping down for good now.  Calista though is still waking up in the middle of the night with her teeth bothering her.  They both seem to wake around 4 or 5 in the morning, Ed and I feed them and they are really good about going right back to sleep.  Even if we put them down wide awake, they fall back to sleep.  Seems like they are both waking up around 9 a.m. these days, sometimes a little earlier.  But they are sleeping in long enough for mommy to get a shower and breakfast done.

Wednesday was a nice quiet day around here. The kids and I played on the floor for most of the day with play mats and rattles.

Ed took the day off to play golf, but he was up and out of here at the butt crack of dawn.  (Something that golfers and fisherman do that I never could wrap my head around.... getting up that early to go relax?  Why not just stay in bed and relax?  But that's just me).

Ed and I also made a deal so that I can keep a steady schedule at the bead store.  He gets home at 4:30 or so and I come back to the store and work with the door closed until 5:30.  It's just an hour, but if I can combine that with the 3 hours the cubs nap in the afternoon then it's at least a half day of work done.

However today I wanted to get out of the house instead.  When he got home around 4 p.m. I jetted out the door to the post office and then off to Target for a little shopping.  We needed mother's day cards and I wanted to replace the towel bars in my bathroom downstairs.  The current bars keep falling down, plus I wanted to get some nice decorative ones.  I got the mother's day gifts and cards, along with a huge supply of batteries for all the swings and chairs we have around here for the cubs.  Everyone should be proud of me, I passed by the infants clothing but didn't buy any.  However I did buy them a new toy.  Picked up some dinner at Cafe Athens in Fort Collins, (a wonderful place if you like Greek food!), then headed home.

Calista and Alex with their new toy
We got the twins bathed and dressed in their jammies for the night and headed downstairs to watch American Idol.  I'm not sure what it is, but Calista just loves Simon on American Idol!  She can be really fussy, and as soon as she hears him talking she clams up and all her attention goes to him on the TV.  Maybe it's the accent?

They went to sleep pretty easily and it was a normal night, I was asleep by 10 p.m..  That is until midnight when Alex's tummy bug hit me.  I was trying to decide if I took an anti nausea pill, if it would stay down or not.  I did get it down so that stopped the puking... but I still had the other unpleasant part of Alex's tummy bug.  At 2 a.m. Calista was up with her itchy teeth, then at 4 a.m. Alex was up wanting to be fed.  At 6 a.m. I was trying to figure out how I was going to take care of these two babies if I was stuck in the bathroom sick?  What else could I do, I called and woke my Mom up to see if she could come over.  Thankfully she did.  I had Ed go in late to work so he could help me in the morning, then Mom got here around 10 or so.  By about 9 a.m. I was feeling better, just sort of listless so I called to tell my Mom there was no hurry... but she had already left.

Alex however is starting to feel much better by now.  No more soupy poopy for him!

The other big event this week was starting Calista back up on some cereal.  They were both so fussy on it before I took them off of it and wanted to try later... it's later now.  She is doing great with it.  The first couple of bites she has to figure out what to do when the spoon come to her mouth.  But after that she opens up wide for that spoon.  It is a messy business getting that cereal into her, especially when she grabbed the spoon full of food from me.  Luckily I kept a wet wash cloth close by for periodical wipe ups.

The worst part of motherhood for this blog is when the kids get sick, you get sick.

The best part of motherhood for this blog is watching how fast your children catch on to something, like eating with a spoon like a big girl.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, I cannot believe how big these beautiful babies are! That picture is adorable...I remember those pukey days.... UGH! So glad you are all feeing better.

    ReplyDelete