Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kayleah Wilson

This is just a supplemental blog... something's I just needed to say.

Yesterday they found the body of a missing 12 year old Greeley girl in a drainage ditch.  The girl had been missing since the end of March.  I think most of us were hoping that she just ran away.  But with the down pour of rain we had this week, I think it might have unearthed a shallow grave, (this is just my speculation).  The body was so badly decomposed they didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, only that it was about the same age of Kayleah.

Today at a news conference at 4 p.m. the Greeley police department confirmed that it was in fact Kayleah.

I just can't stop thinking about her poor mother.  I can't even imagine that kind of pain.  I have a friend that lost her grandchild to a drunk driver.  When that happened I wasn't even pregnant yet, but I still felt such a huge loss for my friend.  But now, being a mother, I think it really puts things in perspective and gives you a deeper emotional response to things like this.  If something like this happened to my Calista or Alex I know I'd never be able to put it out of my head, it would be with me always....it gives me a chill to even think about it.  But how can you not admire the strength and courage of the mother that has lost a child, but still carries on to take care of her other child or children?  How do you not just go into a dark hole and never come out?  I guess they do it because they are women and they are mothers and this is just what we do.

Even though no one knows what happened to this little girl yet, I can only send these wishes out into the universe for her and her family.  I hope that she didn't have to suffer.  I hope that she wasn't terrified at the end.  I hope that her mother finds some way to carry on.  And I wish above all that they find some sort of peace to make it through this tragic time.

Tonight I hug my children just a little bit tighter and send healing thoughts to those mother's that can no longer do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment