Monday, May 31, 2010

A New Kitchen Table

So the high chairs are all put together and it's time to bring them upstairs.  Now here's a problem.  Our 1950's kitchen table that came straight off the set of Leave It To Beaver will not accommodate the two extra chairs.  That's when Monday turned into a small adventure for me and the cubs to American Furniture Warehouse.

Ed was still sick with his cold and wasn't going to meet me over there, but once I got there I really wanted his opinion on the table I purchased.  And his work was only a few minutes away so he agreed to join me and the cubs there at lunch.

Both cubs were really good in the store and we had the usual people stopping us asking if they were twins.  Although we were trying to get out of there, Ed had to get back to work and I was trying to find him.  One woman asked if they were twins, I smiled and nodded but kept walking, she almost chased me down proclaiming that she too is a twin.  One thing is for sure, they do get a lot of attention when we take them out.

I got home with the cubs and Ed came home early feeling crummy.  In the end I had to pack them right back up in the car and head back to American Furniture Warehouse to meet my dad there so we could pick the table set up with his truck.

I made the mistake of stopping at Taco Bell for dinner.  I swear the Taco Bell in Windsor has to be the slowest drive thru I've ever encountered!  By now the cubs are unhappy, I'm hungry and it's getting late.  By the time I got home Dad had already been there and gone.  So I ate my food and put Ed in charge of watching the cubs while I assembled the table.  I had it together in a quick time and now we have a perfect place for family meals.

Now Calista is still waking up in the middle of the night with her teeth bothering her.  We go in and she is just a chewing away on her hands.  But for the most part they are sleeping through the night.  They wake up at around 4 a.m. for a feeding and then back to sleep until around 8 or 9 a.m.

The worst part of motherhood for this blog is being trapped in a drive thru with screaming kids in the car.

The best part of motherhood for this blog is putting another piece of the puzzle in that makes us a family... a family dining area.

No comments:

Post a Comment