Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Trip to Costco

Thursday Mom and I were supposed to take a trip to Costco to sign up for a membership with the cubs.  I had let my Sam's Club membership expire because I just have such strong feelings about Walmart and the way they treat their employee's as well as their lack of philanthropy.  (If you'd like to get an eye opener watch the movie, "WalMart, The High Cost Of Low Prices").

Anyway, in Northern Colorado we awoke Thursday to a pretty heavy blanket of snow.  I decided that I wasn't going to take the cubs out in that so it ended up being a day at home.  The cubs and I had some play time on the floor with their play mats, but other than that it was a really quiet day.

Since we couldn't go to Costco on Thursday I called to see if Mom wanted to go on Friday instead.  I had to get diapers so it was no longer an option for me of what day I'd rather go.  Mom was able to go so I drove out to pick her up and away we went.  We don't have a Costco close by so it was about an hour drive, of course the cubs slept.

Once there we signed up for our membership with a cub in each cart and everyone walked by ewwwing and ahhhhing at them.  One lady however said they looked exactly alike.... I'm not sure about that?  You can tell they are related but they are not identical.

We started with each cub in their car seat/pod inside the shopping cart.  Then Calista started to get fussy so I put her in the big girl seat in the cart.  I strapped her in and had to hold her a little, but she seemed to enjoy the bird's eye view... so many colors and things to see!  Next Alex started to fuss so we tried him in the big boy seat and he took that for a little while, but in the end he decided that nothing is better than Mommy and Grandma's arms to carry you around the store.  Needless to say, both Mom and I had sore arms and shoulders after this shopping experience.

Once we finished our Costco trip we got them changed and ready for the ride home.  As soon as we got back to our house it was a race to get in the door and get some bottles made up.  So Mom heated up the water while I started grabbing babies.  We got them fed, changed, food put away and out the door we went again.  This time to the Post Office, it really is easier to have someone just sit in the car with them while I run in, so if I can find someone to do that I take advantage of it.  Meanwhile Calista was in the first stages of a meltdown.  Little did we know it was going to be a MAJOR meltdown!

That little girl cried and screamed and cried and screamed all the way to Berthoud.  We never did figure out what was wrong with her.  Once we got onto the main street in Berthoud she was so worked up that I had to pull over and take her out of her car seat and walk with her on the sidewalk.  She was crying so hard she started choking.  We got to Mom and Dad's house, got her out and she seemed to calm down... she just didn't want to be in that car I guess.

We had a nice time at Mom and Dad's, Ed met us there and we had pizza.  Then, as Ed says, it was time to deploy the fleet.  Which in Ed language means time to pack up the kids and head home.

The worst part of motherhood for this blog was that screaming express drive.  Hearing my little girl crying so hard that she's choking and I can't get that car pulled over fast enough.

The best part of motherhood for this blog was watching the kids eyes take in all the sights from the store.  It just seemed like their little brains were overloaded trying to take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment