Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 1st, Alex Day

Saturday morning found Mommy and Daddy in very good moods!  Alex slept through the night for the first time.  Ed went around telling everyone... Eight Hours and Fifteen minutes.  We have declared May 1st Alex Day and were just overjoyed with our additional sleep.  Now if we can only get Calista to do the same we'd get a night's sleep around here.

Saturday was Mommy's Day Off, I thought the day would never get here!  I went to go see the movie The Back Up Plan.  I didn't have high expectations for it and it was a little bit better than I expected, but none the less, a nice diversion.  After that I did a little shopping at Bath and Body Works.  I just love this store!  They have a decent selection of aromatherapy products, and if you get the chance try the sugar scrubs.  My skin has never felt so soft.  After that I wandered over to the kitchen store and treated myself to an electric tea pot.  On the way home I realized that we should've bought one of these 5 months ago to warm the cubs bottles up in.

Saturday was another full night of sleep for Alex.  Calista however is waking up with her teeth hurting her, so our plan is to give her a shot of teething medicine, a shot of infant tylenol (the generic kind not the recalled kind), and then she ends up in bed with us while I nurse her a little to get her back to sleep.  This is the only time I'm nursing anymore so I can't imagine she's getting too much off of me.  Once she's asleep then we transport her back to her own little bed where she sleeps until morning (sometimes).

Sunday I told Ed he could go hit a bucket of balls since he watched the cubs on Saturday.  We had quite a few chores to do around the house, but managed to get most of them done so he could take off.  In the afternoon Alex was asleep on the floor while Calista was talking in my ear while I tried to watch a movie I had borrowed from Mom over a month ago.  Not being able to hear yet another movie/TV Show, when Ed got home I told him I wanted to go and buy a sound system for our upstairs TV.  So we packed up the cubs and headed to Best Buy where we actually ended up with a home theater system with a blu-ray.  It was cheaper than buying the amp and speakers.  I can finally hear the TV but Ed is not happy because I won't let him blast the sound on it and deafen the children.

A couple of other things happened this weekend too.  One, we got a call at 5 a.m. from the assisted living facility that Ed's mom is living at now that she fell getting out of bed.  She didn't break anything thank God.  That's the 2nd time I know of she's fallen and hasn't broken anything... amazing and very luck for her.

The other is that Alex started having diarrhea.  Poor little guy's bottom is just all red and he has some sort of stomach bug.

The worst part of motherhood this weekend is baby diarrhea.  You're afraid to turn the diaper even a smidge because it will just flow out.

The best part of motherhood this weekend is that first night that baby sleeps all the way through the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment