Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where Did That Day Go?

Saturday morning Ed and I were attempting to finish up the things that didn't get done on Friday.  We did get a nice breakfast out at the new Perkins by the Budweiser Event Center.  After that it was a race to get home and ready for our day.

Mom was supposed to bring the twins back to our house by 11 a.m.  Then we also had Lizbeth coming to clean the house at 11 a.m. since I wasn't home for the cleaning the day before.  We had to get the cubs ready to go to a graduation party in Fort Collins, and it is never easy to get out the door with two babies.

Lizbeth arrived right on time and her and her daughter started cleaning.  Then Mom arrived with the cubs and Ed and I got them dressed and fed.  Of course Alex gave Ed a triple P play.... poop, pee and puke, so he was changed again before we left.  We took a big chance and left Lizbeth alone in our house.  She's cleaned for us a couple times before and my gut told me she'd be okay leaving alone here.  We were then off to Fort Collins.

We arrived at Joe and Julie's and didn't even make it up the drive way before Julie was taking one of the babies from us.  From there on the two of them were just passed around by the young and old.  I hope they didn't take too much of the focus off of Jessica and her big moment of graduating.

We only stayed for about an hour.  Experience has taught me that if we don't get the cubs down for a nap close to their scheduled time they tend to get extra fussy.  We also needed to get back to pay Lizbeth.

My gut was right and we arrived home to a spotless house, Lizbeth was just finishing up.  The cubs went down for their nap and Ed and I finally got a little relaxing time after all.  I spent a good chunk of my time in the office getting ready for our craft day that would take place on Sunday.

The worst part of motherhood for this blog is racing through a day so much that you don't get to enjoy your babies as much as you'd like to.

The best part of motherhood for this blog is hiring a housekeeper, leaving a dirty house and coming home to a clean house.

No comments:

Post a Comment